I’ve never actually seen the show Bridezilla but girls tell me it’s about Brides behaving badly. Really?? We need a show for that? I have the worst of reality TV staring at me from the mirror! Maybe it’s just me. But maybe not.
Here’s a little test to assess how you rank on the Bridezilla scale:
1. All the photos on your facebook are you, and you click “like” on all of them.
2. You look up the word “self-absorption” and a photo of you is next to it.
3. You pretty much always have a better idea.
4. #1 on your weekly TO DO list, is “take some ‘me’ time”-and that’s the whole list.
5. You take your mirror’s admiration of you as conclusive evidence that you’re the best.
6. Your normal tone of voice is a whine.
7. Your neighbor’s house burned down and you tell her you’ve had a terrible week too because your dishwasher broke down.
8. You think, “I could do such amazing things for God if I wasn’t surrounded by such idiots.“
9. You’re miffed at the dozen red roses your husband brought home: You like pink.
10. You don’t believe the world revolves around me.
We are the Bride of Christ, and we’re supposed to be making ourselves ready. I’m pretty sure that means the one in the mirror should reflect Him.
Ps. 17:15 I will be satisfied when I awake with Thy likeness.